Saturday, July 28, 2012

Yes, I'm actually here!

     So the last time I posted to this poor neglected blog was October last year.  Alot can happen in 8 months!  Since then Sam has changed jobs, lost his job, we have remodeled a house and moved, we spent a month in New York State, visited Niagara Falls, Amanda spent a week at Summer Camp, Lily had 6 puppies, we got rid of 4 puppies, we got chickens, Lily ate the chickens so we got rid of Lily, traded Sam's truck for a different truck and a camper, went camping, went to Carowinds, and right now I can't think of anything else to add to the list, although I'm sure there is more.  
     The summer is almost over already, but I don't feel like I'm ready to start school in just a few short weeks.  The boys are signed up and ready to start football season this coming Monday.  I have been making some Fig Preserves and they are so good!  I actually had some with my pancakes this morning for breakfast.  My pancakes with whole fig preserves and fig syrup was so good.


      
Whole Fig Preserves, Mock Strawberry Preserves and Fig Syrup.


I got both recipes from the Bayou Woman here and here.  

I have lots to share with you about our latest adventures, so stay tuned!  I hope it won't take another 8 months to get back here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg, that looks so good! I'm especially interested in the fig syrup. Mmm...

Love the picture of the family bowing shoes!

~Daniél