Monday, September 5, 2011

Matching Skirts

A while back I went thrift shopping and ended up buying a flat sheet because I liked the fabric.  You can read all about that shopping trip here.  This is what it looked like.  At the time I had no idea what I was going to do with it, so it just sat there in my sewing room for a couple months.

Then last week, a friend sent me a link to a tutorial for a tiered skirt, which I wanted to try out.  As I was searching for some fabric that I'd have enough of, I came across the sheet.  I'm not sure what size it was, but it would be enough to try that tutorial!  When I got done with my skirt, I thought, wouldn't it be cute if I could make Amanda a matching skirt?  As I looked at what was left of the sheet, I realized there might be enough of it if I turned the way the stripes run!

 I just love the way they turned out!  They're so comfortable and easy to make, I'll definitely be making more.  I think for my next one I'll try 2 or 3 tiers instead of 4, just to save some fabrice and time gathering!

We even had matching stars and stripes flip flops!  It was fun to match my Baby Girl for a day!  I'll be doing it again soon, I hope!

Linking up to Nifty Thrifty Tuesday!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Love the look, thanks for sharing, and I have enjoyed looking at your blog, have a blessed day.